Dublin Tall Ships Festival 2012
With over 40 majestic Tall Ships, 55 musical acts and 1.15 million visitors over four days – The Tall Ships visit to Dublin in 2012 was truly unmissable and one of Magnum Events proudest achievements.
The event schedule included a luxury Captains welcoming dinner in the Mansion House, and Crew Party in Shelbourne Stadium at the greyhound racing. There was also street theatre, music and free entertainment for guests of all ages and interests not to mention the races themselves.
Magnum Events provided the full Production Management, Coordination and staffing for the event. The production alone took over 18 months to complete. We had over 100 staff working on the event in many disciplines including Area Controllers, Stage Managers, Site Managers, Site Crew, Hospitality staff and Production Administration Staff.
Our role was not only to cater for the Tall Ships and their 2,500+ Crews’ needs, but to coordinate all production elements of the event including: –
* Liaising with Statutory Agencies and local businesses, ensuring minimal impact to the running of Dublin City
* Implementing Road Closure Plans and Managing Traffic Diversions
* CAD Drawings – Development through to Implementation of the full event site
* Branding and Signage Design, Including Installation and Removal
* Staff Management of over 100 Event Staff controlling all elements pre and post event
* Projected Budgets, Financial Control and Auditing
* Managing all on-site Suppliers, Food Concessions and Overall Event Security
* Numerous on site facilities including Ireland’s largest temporary WiFi network covering 15 square kilometers.
Working in conjunction with the various Statutory Agencies and Partner Companies, Tall Ships 2012 Dublin was a complete success and was hailed as the bench mark for all future Tall Ships Races events by the International organisation behind the event – Sail Training International.
For a copy of the programme & map please click here.
The Tall Ships 2012 Races – Dublin
- Categories →
- Public Events